Hunter Hayes shipped a new single, “Heartbreak,” to country radio on March 25.
“Heartbreak” marks Hunter’s first single since 2016’s “Yesterday’s Song.” The new tune is the lead single from Hunter’s upcoming third studio album, which is expected later this year.
“It’s a song about freedom,” says Hunter. “It’s a song about true honest happiness and love and how there is love for everyone. Not only are you worthy of being loved but there is somebody out there who loves you even though they haven’t met you. In the darkness of a heart breaking, I’m here to tell you there’s also a whole lotta light.”
Listen to “Heartbreak” below.
In addition, Hunter will embark on his 20-date Closer to You Tour in April, with stops in Atlanta, Chicago, Milwaukee, Denver, L.A. and more. Tickets are on sale now.
Closer to You Tour
- April 18 | Atlanta, Ga. | Buckhead Theatre
- April 25 | Grand Rapids, Mich. | The Intersection
- April 26 | Chicago, Ill. | Joe’s Live
- April 27 | Royal Oak, Mich. | Royal Oak Music Theatre
- May 2 | Madison, Wis. | The Sylvee
- May 3 | Rockford, Ill. | Coronado Performing Arts Center
- May 4 | Milwaukee, Wis. | Eagles Ballroom
- May 9 | Silver Spring, Md. | The Fillmore Silver Spring
- May 10 | Philadelphia, Pa. | The Fillmore Philly
- May 11 | Columbus, Ohio | Express Live!
- May 16 | Kansas City, Mo. | Midland Theatre
- May 17 | Denver, Colo. | Ogden Theatre
- May 18 | Grand Junction, Colo. | Avalon Theater
- May 21 | Tucson, Ariz. | Rialto Theatre
- May 23 | San Francisco, Calif. | Regency Ballroom
- May 24 | Anaheim, Calif. | House of Blues Anaheim
- May 25 | Los Angeles, Calif. | The Fonda Theatre
- May 30 | Cleveland, Ohio | The Agora Ballroom
- May 31 | Lexington, Ky. | Manchester Music Hall
- June 1 | Cincinnati, Ohio | Bogart’s
photo by Tammie Arroyo, AFF-USA.com