WWWW-FM’S “W4 COUNTRY IDOL” CONTEST
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WWWW-FM (“Station”), owned and operated by Cumulus Radio Corporation, 1100 Victors Way, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the WWWW- FM “W4 Country Idol” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL REGULATIONS APPLY. All contests are open to the general public except for employees, agents, representatives, or affiliates of the Station, Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, and their respective affiliates, participating sponsors, their immediate families, and household members
2. ELIGIBILITY. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. resident’s age twenty-one (21) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Cumulus Media Holdings Inc., O&W Distributors, Brighton Ford, Lewis Jewelers, Ideal You, and their parent companies, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. An individual may win an on-going contest only once per six-month period unless otherwise specifically stated. An individual may win other seasonal or one-time contests only in non-consecutive years. All decisions of the judges and W4 Country staff are final.
3. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest will begin at 6:00pm ET on June 4, 2019 and will run through 11:59pm on July 12, 2019 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
4. HOW TO ENTER. At each W4 Country Idol qualifying locations (6/4, 6/5, 6/6, 6/11, 6/12, 6/13, 6/18, 6/19, 6/20, 6/25, 6/26, 6/27) at least one entrant will be selected as potential grand prize winner (Finalist) at the sole discretion of W4 Country and its judges.
a. A total, not to exceed 20 contestants, will be randomly chosen to compete at each location (regardless for the amount of entries). One of which with the highest individual score, will move on to the Finals on July 12th, 2019. Contestants will be judged based on a scale of 1-10 for each of the following categories: Stage Presence, Vocal Talent, Crowd Participation, and Entertainment Value.
b. More contestants may be chosen solely at the discretion of W4 Country staff as time allows. If it is determined that the candidate is not eligible for receipt of the grand prize, in WWWW-FM 102.9 W4 Country and O&W/Coors Light’s sole judgment and discretion, another candidate will be selected for eligibility consultation and this process will continue on until such time as an eligible candidate is found. In the unlikely event that no candidates are found to meet the specifications, then the prize will go un-awarded. In the event of a tie, the winner(s) will be determined by and at the sole discretion of W4 Country Management.
c. The event is a karaoke event, which means no use of musical instruments or musical accompaniment is allowed. The DJ service will not be responsible for any technical difficulties or if the DJ does not have the particular song the contestant wants to sing. The Contestant may bring their own music, but if the music is not compatible with the DJ’s equipment, and if the DJ does not have the music requested, that particular contestant will have to choose a different song or not participate. Contestants may not change their song once selected to compete.
d. the qualifying stops are as follows:
i. Tuesday, June 06, 2019, JT’s Pub & Grub, 41111 E Huron River Dr, Belleville, MI 48111
ii. Wednesday, June 07, 2019, Rocky Top BBQ, 1900 Lansing Ave, Jackson, MI 49202
iii. Thursday, June 08, 2019, Hell’s Saloon, 4095 Patterson Lake Rd, Pinckney, MI 48169
iv. Tuesday, June 11, 2019, The Circ Bar, 210 S. First Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
v. Wednesday, June 12, 2019, Powell’s Pub, 625 N Huron St, Ypsilanti, MI 48197
vi. Thursday, June 13, 2019, Valiant Bar & Grill, 1120 S. Main Street, Chelsea, MI 48118
vii. Tuesday, June 18, 2019, Townies Brewery, 2350 W. Liberty St, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
viii. Wednesday, June 19, 2019, Hamburg Pub, 10668 Hamburg Road, Hamburg, MI 48139
ix. Thursday, June 20, 2019, Dexter’s Pub, 8114 Main St, Dexter, MI 48130
xi. Wednesday, June 26, 2019, Uncle Lyle’s Tavern, 108 Tecumseh St, Dundee, MI 48131
xii. Thursday, June 27, 2019, Bel-Mark Lanes, 3530 Jackson Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
e. the finale location is as follows:
i. Friday, July 12, 2019, The Kensington Hotel, 3500 S. State Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
5. PROPER IDENTIFICATION. A valid, government issued photo ID must be presented by any entrant to compete and winner to claim a prize. As a condition to receiving the prize, any potential winner must complete and sign a Winner’s Affidavit and Release, releasing Cumulus, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, and employees from all liability in connection with winner’s participation in the contest, acceptance, and use or non-use of the prize. The Station and Cumulus Broadcasting LLC are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information entered by website users, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Station’s website.
6. CONDUCT. All entrants and winners agree to refrain from disparaging remarks including on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.). The Station reserves the right to the use of disciplinary actions, up to banning from current and future promotions. All entrants and the families of entrants will conduct themselves in an appropriate manner during the qualifying rounds and at the finals. If conduct is deemed inappropriate by The Station, entrants will be disqualified from the competition.
7. FINALIST AND GRAND PRIZE SELECTION PROCESS.
a. Finalist Selection. Finalists will be selected at or around 9:00pm ET at each qualifying location. The contestant with the highest score of the evening, as determined by the judges, will be considered the Finalist. All Finalists will be contacted no later than 11:00am ET on July 8, 2019 via telephone. Each Finalist must confirm by phone call to (734) 302-8100 no later than 12:00pm ET on July 9, 2019 that he/she will be in attendance. Should a Finalist not confirm attendance and song selection for finale by the date and time stated above, then that Finalist will be immediately disqualified.
b. Grand Prize Winner Selection. On or about 6:00pm ET on July 12, 2019 at The Kensington Hotel in Ann Arbor, the Finalists will meet, as applicable. Each Finalist must present a current, valid, government issued photo ID and check in no later than 6:15pm ET. Failure to check-in by 6:15pm ET and/or failure to present a current, valid government issued photo ID will lead to immediate disqualification. NO PROXIES WILL BE ALLOWED FOR ANY REASON. After Check-In, each Finalist properly checked-in to the W4 Country Idol Grand Prize event will be randomly selected to sing ONE song of their choice. Finalists will sing the song each contestant selected until all contestants have sung.
8. VERIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNER. THE ELIGBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. WINNER WILL ALSO AGREE AND BE SUBJECT TO A CREDIT CHECK BY LEASING LENDER. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winnings are contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
a. Finalist Prizes. There will be three (3) Finalist/Runner Up Prizes
i. One (1) Fourth Place Runner-Up Prize will be one (1) $750 Visa Gift Card to be provided by Ideal You. Total estimated value: min $750
ii. One (1) Third Place Runner-Up Prize will be one (1) $1,250.00 check payable by O&W Distributors/Coors Light
iii. One (1) 2nd Place Runner-Up Prize will be one (1) $1,500.00 Gift Card to Lewis Jewelers of Ann Arbor.
b. Grand Prize. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this Contest. The Grand Prize is a two (2) year lease on a new 2019 Ford Escape at CMV as determined by Brighton Ford or a Cash Option of $3,500 payable by Cumulus Media Ann Arbor in lieu of the two (2) year lease, but not both prizes. In order to choose the two (2) year lease, Winner must agree to submit to a credit application and meet credit criteria and approval by leasing company, as determined in leasing company’s sole and exclusive discretion. Vehicle lease title and license/registration will be in Winner’s name. Winner is responsible for maintenance, insurance, and fuel during lease term. Winner is also responsible for any mileage overage on lease and any excess damage at lease turn-in as determined by lease agreement. In the event the Winner is deemed not credit worthy, in the sole and complete discretion of the leasing lender, then the Winner will receive the $3,500 cash option. Winner may, at his or her discretion, choose the cash option with no credit check. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time.
c. Substitutions. All prizes are awarded “as is.” Station reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
i. Neither the Station, nor Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents or representatives shall be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver the prizes or any part thereof as described herein.
ii. Unless otherwise stated, all prizes must be claimed in person at the Station at the address identified above during regular business hours and within ten (10) business days of winning, excluding holidays. After such time, ownership of said prize reverts back to Cumulus Broadcasting LLC to be disposed of at its discretion. The winner then loses all claims and rights to said prize.
iii. All entrants and winners agree that the Station, Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, and their parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest and/or by the use or non-use of any prize received in connection with this contest.
10. ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE. By entering, each participant agrees (a) to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) to release, hold harmless, indemnify, and agree not to sue, Station, Cumulus Media Holdings Inc., O&W Distributors, Brighton Ford, Lewis Jewelers, Ideal You, their subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; (c) I, by signing this Release, agree to give the Station and Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, and their licensees, affiliates, successors, and assigns the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, broadcast, or publish my name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched or distorted in character or form, and winner’s voice, recorded or live, for any reason the Station deems necessary without compensation, unless prohibited by law. All winners release, discharge, and agree to save harmless Cumulus Broadcasting LLC and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives from any and all claims they may have against the Station or Cumulus Broadcasting LLC in connection with the taking, production, or the use of winners’ name, city of residence, any photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched, or distorted in character or form and without restrictions as to any changes, transformations or alterations, and including winners’ voices, recorded or live. All winners further acknowledge that Cumulus Broadcasting LLC owns or will own exclusively any photographs of such winners used for such purposes, including the copyrights in them, regardless of the form in which they have been or may be produced and used, and all winners assign all such ownership rights to Cumulus Broadcasting LLC. (e) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize. By entering, each participant further agrees to receive marketing communications from the Station via any medium, known and unknown. Any participant who opts-out of these communications also removes himself/herself from the Contest. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Station may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
11. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to us by the Station and its agent use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
12. TAXES. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
13. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
14. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
15. DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
17. CONTEST RESULTS. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Contest Station identified below.
WWWW-FM – Ann Arbor, 1100 Victors Way, Suite 100, Ann Arbor, MI 48108 ATTN: Contests and Sweepstakes.